Antimicrobial resistance has become a major crisis across the globe including Pakistan. Pakistan joined in the international endorsement of The AMR Global Action Plan in 2015. The Ministry of NHSR&C formed an Intersectoral Core Steering committee to oversee the process of developing a national AMR policy. The commitment led to the development of a National AMR Strategic Framework for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance (2016) and an operational AMR National Action Plan (2017). National Institutes of Health is designated as national focal point for National International Health Regulation (IHR) and AMR by Ministry of NHSR&C. GLASS has been implemented by NIH since 2016, and it has led to development of Pakistan AMR Surveillance system in 2018 (PASS).
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week 2021
- Concurrence for Designation as AMR Surveillance Sentinel Sites (PASS NIH)
- Microbiology Laboratories Database
- Microbiologists Database
- Data sharing portal of Pakistan AMR Surveillance System
- LIMS Analysis at AMR Surveillance Sentinel Site
- "Microbiology and Antimicrobial Resistance" Virtual Journal Club