Functions of the Health Data Center
- The Health Data Center shall function as the central national repository for all aspects of health information and data.
- The Center shall perform such functions as are directed and assigned by the Federal
Government or the Board, including;-
- Access from relevant authorities information and data and house, collate and analyze all health information and epidemiologic data nationally;
- Establish a central repository for all aspects of health information and data to ensure its easy availability in digital format;
- Provide appropriate data analytics;
- To maintain and continually update data on maternal and neonatal health, neonatal, child health immunizations, adolescent and communicable diseases, and non-communicable diseases, population and demographics, health accounts, health services, health system including human resource, supplies, equipment and infrastructure;
- To develop and advise the adoption of the standards and methods standards and methods for efficient and secure exchange and interoperability of healthcare data and information.
- The Center shall ensure that its advice, policies, material, research and reports are available to the general public on the website of the NIH.