Functions of the Health Research Institute
- The National Health Research Institute shall promote and coordinate health research in Pakistan and act as the custodian of public research funds.
- The Institute shall perform such functions as are directed and assigned by the Federal Government or the Board including.
- To promote, organize, coordinate, and conduct scientific research in the field of health including allopathy, homeopathy, herbal, unani, ayurvedic and traditional medicine,-
(a) ensure ethical compliance of medical and health related research to establish national and international standards;
(b) provide financial support for health research through grants and fellowships;
(c) evaluate submitted research proposals for scientific quality, ethical compliance and validity of outcomes, in order to grant funds for the research purpose;
(d) Oversee research projects funded by the NIH for scientific integrity and ethical compliance;
(e) establish a National Bioethics Committee to coordinate and promote ethical oversight as necessary of biomedical research in Pakistan;
(f) advise the Federal and Provincial Governments and any other relevant body or organization on matters related to health research;
(g) establish, strengthen and expand bioinformatics for support of research;
(h) establish linkages with national and international research institutions, bodies and organizations as well as relevant community groups and agencies; and
(i) develop financial and other resources for its functions and for the support of research.
Health Research Institute (Ex- PHRC), is pleased to invite “call for research proposals” for Round 2 from Academia, R&D organizations (public and private) for health research funding in the following categories:
How to apply
- Applicants shall fill the proposal form on prescribed format and submit soft copy of proposal, CVs, Questionnaire, Consent/assent forms at email address: [email protected] not later than 10th March 2022.
- Principal applicant must be a Health Scientist/Researcher having relevant qualifications and experience in conducting health research.
- Maximum 02 page CV of each member of research team highlighting the relevant research experience shall be submitted along with proposal.
- A brief of institutional facilities required for execution of the research project available at organization shall also be submitted.
- The complete proposal shall be duly signed by Principal Investigator and Head of the institution of principal applicant.
- Applicants shall strictly follow the instructions and guidelines defined for proposal submission forms and shall make sure that applications are complete in all aspects.
- Incomplete applications without questionnaire, Consent/assent form (if needed) and those received after due date will not be further processed.
- Signed hard copy of the proposal must also be sent on following address.
- The grant applications received through first call are at their final stage. Therefore, the same research proposals for the current call Must Not be submitted “to avoid any duplication”.
Health Research Institute (Ex-Pakistan Health Research Council), Off Constitution Avenue, Shahrah-e-Jamhuriat, G-5/2, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Contact No: +92-51-9204563